I'm always updating this list of activities for Daddy-Daughter
Date Nights. Many of these are used in preschool events I do,
as well as pre-dance kids shows at weddings.
1. Daddies sing "You Are My Sunshine" and as they hold the
last note, I mix it into the lyrics "I've Got Sunshine"
(beginning "My Girl" by the Temptations)
2. "That's How We Do" from Teen Beach Party 2 (special dance moves come up at the end could
be used for a Daddies vs. Girls dance off)
3. "Freeze Dance" by Music for Little People
4. Dora's "Happy and You Know it"
5. Gummy Bear Song (show them how to make short Gummy Bear arms)
6. Hampsterdance, having them face the cameras showing paws up
7. Happy by Pharrell Williams
8. "Dance Little Bird" (Chicken Dance) with a Variation during each swing around section, such as
"This time flop your arms and act like chickens trying to fly" or "This time hold hands in circles"
9. slow song: "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts or "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw
10. Let's Twist Again (Trying out different ways to do the twist)
11. Come and Ride the Train (make a train)
12. Girls Just Want to Have Fun
13. Girls sing at the top of their lungs along with "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten
14. slow song: Daddy's Little Girl Waltz by Al Martino or Mills Brothers version (last half)
15. Axel F by Crazy Frog, where everyone hops down on the ground like frogs
16. Shout! (with several interactive moments, including shouting!)
17. Soca "Follow da Leader" (circle formation to the right, then back the other way, etc.)
18. Y.M.C.A. : Before starting, girls line up across from Dads and point at them, saying "Young MAN!"
19. Run Around the Rosie (jump around, skip around, etc.) If space allows for one or more circles
20. Freeze Game from Yo Gabba Gabba, again where a circle formation is set up
21. I Like To Move It, where they shout out "MOVE IT"
22. Jivebunny Glenn Miller Medley, stopping to pose for photos of Dads sliding the girls on the floor
down between their legs and flinging them up (line up with 4 feet behind and in front of you)
23. Sweet Caroline w/Daughter doing "Bah Bah Bah's" and Daddies "So Good"
24. "Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift
25. Who Let the Dogs Out with barking
26. Get Up! Jump Up! by Perry Gripp
27. Before playing "Cotton Eyed Joe" by Rednex, Practice shifting weight from foot to foot
28. Hot Hot Hot conga line
29. What Does the Fox Say? by Ylvis (I would bring a Fox Puppet and ask everyone to pretend they
have a similar fox puppet on their hand and make them talk)
30. Casper Cha Cha Slide, with counting the hops out loud, etc.
31. Cupid Shuffle with funny variations, like hold arms straight down and shuffle like Penguins
32. Watch Me Whip by Silento: Older girls can show everyone what to do
33. slow song: "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman
34. The Way You Look Tonight swing dance by Frank Sinatra- a slower/medium swing
35. Go Daddy-O: Ask Daddies to do the FAST swing dance moves with their daughters.
36. Hula Hoop Contest if small group (Hawaii 5-0, Twist, Etc.)
37. slow song: "Butterfly Kisses" (Starting with girls showing dads how to play "air toy piano")
38. Do You Love Me (-dads show girls that they can dance)
39. Surfin USA (girls show dads how to surf) Ask if any Dads will be human surf boards.
40. Limbo Rock by Chubby Checker (Daddies make limbo poles holing arms out, or use real poles)
41. March in a Parade to Mickey Mouse Club March
42. Act out movie scene: "Let it Go" by Indina Menzel (Frozen)
43. Act out movie scene: "I've Had the Time of My Life" movie scene (Dirty Dancing)
44. Rock Around the Clock (fun swing dancing)
45. I'm a Believer from the Shrek Movie
46. Dynamite by Taio Cruz for hands in the air
47. Party Rock Anthem for more hands in the air
48. London Bridge (any volunteers want to form a bridge?)
49. Act out movie scene: "Born to Hand Jive" (form two rows and go down the middle, as in Grease)
50. slow song: Now it's Time to Say Goodbye (from Mickey Mouse Club)